As the management of the business and financial affairs becomes increasingly complex, the quality of people’s relationships with their advisors becomes more and more critically important. HS & Partners LLP provides quality and value-added personal and corporate solutions to all your business and professional needs.
Auditing & Accounting
The strength of our accounting firm lies in its people and their ability to provide services to a wide variety of clientele. We are more than “just accountants” as we enjoy mentoring clients. Our firm is staffed in a manner that provides a team of highly dedicated and well trained professionals who are committed to guiding principles that include standards for quality control, efficient assignment turn-around, seamless communications, integrity and adding value…
The expectations of our profession and our clients always ensure that the people in our firm continually seek to provide the highest level of care and service possible.
Our team is highly skilled in providing traditional and specialized compliance auditing and accounting engagements for corporations as well as for not-for-profit organizations, professionals, self-employed individuals and others. Our team will assist you to determine your specific business needs and to expertly provide the necessary reports and financial information required.
We are a Canadian Public Accountability Board (“CPAB”) member in good standing. The CPAB designation is provided to only those CPA firms that meet the rigid standards and are then allowed to audit public companies.
Our professional services include:
- Not for Profit Organizations Audits
- Health and Welfare Trusts Audits
- Union Pension Plan Audits
- Listed Public Company Audits
- Listed Public Company, Review of Internal Controls
- Corporate Income Tax Filings
- Privately Held Company Audits
Our specialization in this service area includes:
- Audit – Public/Private Corporations
- Secondary Public Accounting Services
- Review and Accounting Engagements
- Proactive Tax Planning
- Reports on Applying Specific Audit Procedures
- Statutory and Government Filings
- Due Diligence Verifications
- Investigative Auditing – Specializing In Union Payroll Audits
- Forensic Accounting and Reporting (with strategic allies)
- File Quality Review Services for Public Accounting Firms
- Consulting Services For Other Accounting Firms
Traditional Accounting Services…
- Book keeping and compilation of financial services
- Assistance and preparation of other financial document requiring the expertise of Public Accountants
- Benefit plans
- Construction & Development
- Plastic Industries
- Advertising Agencies
- Financial Services
- Transportation & Logistics
Our expertise and proactive approach to personal and corporate tax planning is aimed at providing entrepreneurs with flexible solutions to growing business needs.
Our objective is to provide clients with accurate, relevant and timely tax advice and planning opportunities.
As dedicated professionals, we keep up to date on the latest tax developments in order to provide clients with valuable tax minimization solutions and assist in resolving tax disputes with the Canada Revenue Agency.
Our tax consulting services include:
- Tax Audits, Appeals & Voluntary
Assistance with CRA/Taxpayer
- Disputes and Appeals
- Corporate Reorganizations
- Cross Border Transactions
Estate and Succession Planning
- Family Trusts
- Mergers/Acquisitions/ Divestitures
- Personal and Business Tax Planning and Preparation
- Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Incentives
Business Advisory Services
Charger Consulting Corporation is a sister corporation to HS & Partners LLP. Charger Consulting Corporation is (CCC) is a business advisory firm which provides quality and value-added personal and corporate solutions to all your business and professional needs.
Charger Consulting Corporation focuses on the entire family unit as the client. Our objective is to assist the family in achieving and maintaining its wealth by strategically managing risk from a global business, legal, tax and financial perspective. In short we are a “Mentoring CPA firm” to help business owners navigate their day to day business issues.
Our expert staff is comprised of, CPAs, MBA Business Advisors, an Engineer and a Tax Lawyer who also work with other specialized consultants as part of our clients’ management team. Together we strive to provide innovative solutions to our clients’ business and professional needs.
As part of our strategic assessment, Charger Consulting assembles a team of independent professional advisors including financial planners, asset managers, insurance experts, lawyers, accountants and bankers. We also welcome you to introduce your current advisors to our team.
We offer a multi-disciplinary approach to all your business and professional needs aimed at managing and protecting your wealth, ensuring that you receive comprehensive, synergistic advice to maximize your business and financial opportunities.
- We help you to Grow your sales & profits, pay less tax
- Banking/Financial Consulting
- Corporate Finance
- Forecasting/Banking Proposals
- Performance Improvement
- Strategic Planning
- Risk Assessment Advisory
- Training Programs for both the Private and Public Sector
- Merger & Acquisition Planning & Execution
- Shareholder Agreements
- Assessment of internal controls
- Business plans and/or financing proposals
- Cash flow analysis and projections
- Review of employee benefit plans
- Budget plan
- Retirement savings planning
- Planning to preserve FAMILY wealth
- We help you to Grow our sales & profits, pay less tax
Bookkeeping & Reporting
If you’re running a small business you already know that the day to day bookkeeping needs can be distracting, tedious & time consuming. Frankly, it should be below your pay grade. As a busy business person you also need to ensure you get accurate, relevant and timely information to help run your business. This is where we can help.
At HS & Partners we work with you to better understand how to take control of your finances, manage cash flows, maximize profits and save on taxes, so you can spend less time worrying about keeping track of your books and more time growing your business.
We help our clients to:
- Deliver an accurate set of books for compliance purpose
- Mentor and monitor the internal bookkeepers to help them better help you.
- Set goals and track progress using budgets and forecasts
- Suggest ways to improve profitability and cash flows
- Develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators (“KPI’s”), ratios and trends
- Track overall business profitability and identify critical issues before they get out of hand
- Help Mentor and educate you on how to understand what your financial statements mean to you, your banker and/or partners.
Our bookkeeping and accounting services can include:
- Full cycle paperless bookkeeping services
- Accurate and timely HST, WSIB, EHT & Payroll Filing & Remittance
- Payroll admin and management
- Job costing and project accounting
- Budget setup and analysis
- Cash flow management
- Real-time metrics and KPI reporting
- For those that have bookkeepers, we can help enhance the monthly reporting by providing relevant information – not just data.
Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED)
The Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) Tax Incentive Program provides companies with significant cash refunds and/or tax credits ranging from thousands to millions of dollars. Canada’s SR&ED program is the best of its kind in the world, offering the most enhanced benefits of any other country.
Most software, tech and manufacturing companies in Canada qualify.
HS & Partners LLP is a business advisory firm and one of our core specializations is SR&ED. We have Chartered Accountants, Tax Lawyers and Engineers on staff with extensive experience in SR&ED tax incentives. Our goal is to maximize your benefits under this program.
What do we do?
- Meet with the companies and identify eligible R&D projects
- Plan the strategy for the claim and its presentation to CRA
- Assist in writing the technical description
- Assemble the necessary documentation to support the claim
- Present the claim to CRA and ensure timely processing